….because who doesn’t love English Muffins! My favorite way to eat them is as a Salmon Eggs Benedict!
Here is what you need:
– 2 1/4 flour
– 1/2 tablespoon sugar
– 3/4 teaspoon salt
– 1 tablespoon soft butter
– 1 1/4 teaspoon active dry yeast
– 1/4 cup warm water
– 3/4 cup milk
Total time: About 2.5 hours
1. In a small bowl, combine the warm water and yeast.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, and sugar. Add the butter and begin cutting in butter into the flour. (the mixture will be lumpy, it’s ok).
3. Add the yeast and milk into the flour mixture and combine.
4. Lightly flour a surface and begin kneading the dough until a solid ball forms. (this took me about 5 min of kneading).
5. Place into a bowl and cover with a towel. Allow the dough to rest for about an hour until the ball doubles in size.
6. After the hour, place the dough on a lightly floured surface. Divide the dough into 6-8 equal parts. (I divided them into 8 parts). Form into a ball and place onto a greased or covered baking sheet. Cover with a towel and wait another 60 minutes for the dough to rise.
7. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
8. Use a cast iron pan or pan and heat up 1 tablespoon of oil on medium heat. (we don’t want too much oil since we don’t want to fry the dough)
9. Cook the dough for 4 minutes on each side or until sides are browned.
10. Place back on baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes