I haven’t done any beauty posts lately aside from my Ipsy reviews. Since I started religiously reading beauty blogs almost a year ago, my makeup collection went from mostly drugstore to a healthy combination of drugstore and higher end products.
These products are all products I either currently use or have used in the past 2 months and love!
- Rimmel Extra Super Lash:This is my favorite drugstore mascara and is very underrated. I go through a lot of mascara when the formula is too dry…I feel like I use those within a week sometimes. I discovered this mascara about three years ago and not only love the brush (which is not a rubber brush) but I love the wet formula. I can get about 2.5 months of use out of these. The best part: You can get a 2 pack from Wal Mart for $4.95. Rimmel also has $1 coupons pretty regularly that can be found in the home mailers or online.
- E.L.F. Blush Brush: I bought this brush based off a recent “monthly favorite” from a YouTube channel I watch. The brush I had been using was a little battered so I was in need of a replacement. For $3, this brush is amazing quality. The bristles are super soft and helps the blush to blend easily on my cheeks.
- Milani Brow Fix:I have been using the same brow fix for the past 2+ years. I bought it off a whim when I discovered my beloved NYC brow kit had been discontinued. Now I see this Milani kit mentioned pretty regularly in the beauty community. I love the two brow color options and have switched between the two colors depending on my mood or hair color. I don’t use the highlight color too often, but it would be great for a cheek highlight or under brow highlight. This kit is about $6.50.
- NYX Butter Gloss: I am obsessed with the NYX Butter Gloss line. I bought my first one about a year ago and have now added three more to my collection. They not only apply with great opacity, but are smooth, non streaky and smell like cake. The colors I have are: Maple Blondie, Peach Cobbler, Raspberry Tart, and Devil’s Foodcake. You can get these for $5 from Ulta, Target or online. Ulta will sometimes offer a percentage off NYX products and they always have their $3.50 off $10 coupon which can be found in the home mailer, online or on your phone app.
- Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids Lip Color:I love all the colors in the Maybelline Color Sensational line but the Vivids are my favorite! I love the bright and bold colors. The formula is non drying and the color is opaque. I have the colors Brazen Berry and Shocking Coral. The price ranges from $5.50-$9.00 depending on where you purchase them.
- Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation: I use this as a setting powder and not so much as just foundation. This powder doesn’t add too much color as much as it just helps to blend out contour and blush. The price is a steal at only $4.
- Physician’s Formula 2 in 1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum:I first used the bigger version of this eyeliner over a year ago and love it! I recently bought the thinner version and it works the same. The eyeliner claims to have a lash boosting serum in it. I haven’t noticed a huge difference in length or thickness but the serum definitely isn’t hurting my lashes! You can get this for $9.95 at Wal Mart.
- NYX Wonder Pencil: NYX claims this pencil can highlight, conceal, line, and contour. I agree. This pencil comes in three colors: light, medium and dark. I bought this in light to act as a highlight and concealer. The pencil also works great to clean up filled in brows! You can get this pencil for about $4 wherever NYX is sold.
- Maybelline Great Lash – Lots of Lashes: This was kind of a random buy about a month ago. I have a love/hate relationship with the original Great Lash. I was drawn to the pink, rubber brush. I LOVE this mascara! For only $6, this mascara rivals my ULTIMATE favorite mascara, Benefit’s They’re Real. I plan to repurchase this after I get through the rest of my stock of mascara.
- E.L.F. Eyelid Primer:After trying several other primer’s, you just can’t beat the formula and the price! I have never had creased eyeshadow when using this primer! You can get this primer for $1.