I love eating healthy and am always looking for great recipes that can be made for a work week. I got an e-mail that contained a ton of zucchini recipes. After that inspiration, I hopped on Pinterest and got even more ideas. After some compiling, I came up with my own recipe for stuffed zucchini.
Here is what you need for my stuffed zucchini:
*Zucchini, split in half length wise
1. Start by preheating your oven to 375
2. Start cooking your quinoa according to the package instructions
3. Carve out your zucchini boats so food can sit in them.
4. Then in a pan, add coconut oil and get your sausage cooking
5. If you can multi-task, chop up your shallots and red peppers.
6. When your sausage is almost done, add in the shallots and red peppers so they can get toasted. Turn the heat off when they are done.
7. Now, with your zucchini boats, add marinara sauce as the bottom layer
8. Then add a layer of quinoa, followed by the sausage/shallots/red pepper mixture.
9. Finish it off with a good helping of cheddar cheese
10. Bake about 15 minutes or longer depending on how soft you want your zucchini.