I recently had a shortbread cookie at an event I was at and was reminded of how DELICIOUS they are! I looked up recipes for them when I got home and also discovered how fattening they are. I made them anyway.
Here is what you need:
*2 cups butter, softened
*1 Cup white Sugar
*2 tsp vanilla extract
*4 cups flour
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy
3. Stir in vanilla and add flour to the mix as well
4. Now roll out cookie dough so it’s roughly 1/2 inch thick and cut shapes into them and transfer to greased baking sheet (or use a silicon baking mat – I swear by them!). I don’t have cookie cutters so I ended up using the drinking side of a larger mouthed glass.
5. Bake 10-12 minutes
6. Let them cool completely.
Serving size: about 12 cookies