I haven’t had much time lately to create any food blogs, or any blogs for that matter. I discovered this show on ABC called The Chew that features various easy recipes. I became inspired again to cook!
This one stood out to me because it uses ingredients I have been buying on a regular basis. Here is a link to the original recipe on their website:
My ingredients vary slightly simply because I just used items I had in my house already.
1. 1 lb pasta (I used spaghetti noodles)
2. 3 TBSP Garlic
3. 1 Cup Zucchini (julienne)
4. Salt & Pepper
5. 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
6. 3 TBSP Olive Oil
7. 1/2 Cup Mint
8. 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
9. 1/2 Cup Mozerella Cheese (grated)
1. Start by boiling the water for you pasta. When it has begun to boil, add a good amount of salt than add you pasta. Stir frequently.
2. While your pasta is going, heat 2 TBSP Olive Oil in a pan over medium heat, add your garlic and zucchini. Cook until slightly browned. Temporarily remove from heat.
3. When your pasta has finished, drain, and add to your olive oil mixture.
4. Add your olive oil and pasta back to medium heat and add the mint, cherry tomatoes, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper.
5. Cook another 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and add your cheese.
I also packaged the rest up for work the rest of the week!